- An excerpt from A century of integrity: Manitoba Justice by Jon, Woolley regarding the riot at Women’s Portage Jail in 1946 can be accessed here. The entire thing can be found here.
- 50 Years of Canada’s International Commitment to Human Rights: Milestones in Correcting Corrections for Federally Sentenced Women by Kim Pate
- The Jettisoning of Juvenile Justice? The Story of K by Kim Pate
- Criminals, Lunatics and Lose Women – Always a Swinging Good Time at the Vaughan Street Jail – Courtesy of Cheryl Alexander, B.A.
- Submissions to The Human Rights Commission by Representatives of National Equalty-Seeking Groups Regarding the Systemic Review of Human Rights Violations of Women Prisoners by the Government of Canada – Link
- Correctional Service of Canada “Ideology and “Violent” Aboriginal Female Offenders – Colleen Anne Dell PHD